Instructions for obtaining a QECO evaluation can be found at: Applications Procedures. Please review that information to find answers to most basic application questions.
Membership in a participating Ontario Teachers’ Federation Affiliate as a certified teacher is a requirement for evaluation by QECO. Non-teacher members of an affiliate do not require a QECO evaluation.
QECO will respond here to queries of a general nature only, such as:
- assistance with the application process and other general queries,
- request for duplicate documents,
- changes in address, name, and other personal information
- general assistance understanding upgrading requirement.
A formal application must be submitted to obtain a response for:
- what is required to move to the next category,
- whether the courses recently taken will result in a category change
- unique course approval and course recognition,
- alternative upgrading routes.
- request for a category change, or any other queries of a specific nature.
Requests for Duplicate Documents:
To request duplicate documents (statements of evaluation, student letters of evaluation, upgrading letters, missing document letters and any other past correspondence), you must provide your:
- full formal name,
- OCT number and,
- CURRENT mailing address.
QECO endeavours to provide a response within 2 business days.
Note: If possible, provide a personal email address when corresponding with QECO since security settings on school board email will sometimes reject QECO responses.