This application form is for certified Ontario Teachers who have not previously received a category placement from QECO/COEQ and satisfy the eligibility requirements below.
To be eligible for your initial QECO/COEQ evaluation you must:
- hold a valid Certificate of Qualification and Registration from the Ontario College of Teachers.
- be a current member of one of the following three Teacher Federations: AEFO, ETFO or OECTA, or,
- be a newly certified teacher from an Ontario publicly funded teacher education program, applying for the first time without affiliate membership within 4 months of certification.
- have completed all qualifications/courses you are claiming on your application form.
It is our mission at QECO to provide you with the highest category placement possible while strictly maintaining the integrity of Program 5. To do this QECO/COEQ evaluators require all relevant information for the evaluation. It is an applicant’s responsibility to provide all the necessary information and documentation requested by QECO/COEQ.
- Teachers whose membership is unclear (new hire or leave of absence, etc.) may be requested to provide proof of affiliate membership.
- Retired teachers may be required to provide proof of retirement.
- Private/Provincial School teachers must provide proof of voluntary/associate membership with one of the sponsoring affiliates above.